ISO 50001:2011 – Energy Management System
ISO 50001:2011 is the Energy Management System that replace the old version of BS EN 16001 standard, EMS is the internationally recognised standard that set a framework for optimisation of energy efficiency in any organisation to reduce the energy consumption. According to current industrial world more energy consumption is rising in the form of electricity, gas and oil so proper energy management system comes in focus in most organisation because they pay for more useless energy consumption, and due to week energy management system its also effects on environment equilibrium so need to decrease the harmful effects of carbon emissions and also control the environmental effects which increase the green house effect, and this approach can only be achieved through proper implementing of Energy Management System or ISO 50001:2011.
Confirmation with ISO 50001:2011 certification and the organised routine evaluation gave by Lucideon will guarantee your Energy Management System is kept up and effectively checked, accordingly enhancing the effectiveness of your energy management system and your procedures. ISO 50001:2011 also recognising your energy sources and utilization helps you to utmost future hazard and focus on alternative options.
ISO 50001:2011 standard shows an organisation’s dedication and commitment to persistent change in energy management and for continual improvement of the organisation. Energy management System also improve your monitoring and measuring approach for energy consumption which will help you to control the energy expenses in future.
Some key benefits of ISO 50001:2011 Certification are:
- Certifying with ISO 50001:2011 is showing your stakeholders and your customers that you are committed to enhancing efficiency and decreases your organisational impact on the nature.
- If an organisation is ISO 50001:2011 certified then the organisation prefer to doing business with only those organisation who are environmentally aware organisation or to be ISO 50001:2011 certified.
- Energy Management System is also compatible with other standards like ISO 14001:2004 for Environment Management System, ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and OHSAS Occupational Health and Safety.
- Energy Management System helps you to continual improvement of your organisation.
- Energy Management System help an organisation to manage waste, reusing and utilisation of energy.
- Energy Management System helps to control ecological dangers and environmental risk.
- Energy Management System provides the favourable position over competitors when tendering for new business.
- Energy Management System improve customer satisfaction, retention and acquisition.
- Energy management System can also reduce the insurance expenses of your organisation.
- Energy Management System Show your dedication and commitment to enhancing nature.
- The employees feel proud they are working in an organisation that is environmentally friendly.
- ISO 50001:2011 is an internationally recognised standard in the field of energy saving so it will help you to change your company name to a brand name.